Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jennifer Aniston Theory

A friend of mine who was recently broken up with discovered that her ex has a new girlfriend. A hot new girlfriend. And a new job. A great new job. “Oh my goooodddddd........” she wailed on my couch. “How is this justice?! He cheats on me, he breaks up with me, and he gets to move on and move up while I get fatter and older and more single by the day? Whhyyyyyyyyy??”
“It’s Jennifer Aniston theory,” I say sagely, passing her the Baskin Robbins.

Everyone knows that Brad Pitt cheated on Jen with Angelina Jolie. When they broke up, she got all the bad press, while he went on to father a rainbow family and become one half of the most powerful couple in Hollywood—that scary entity known as Brangelina.

While Brangelina were photographed in glamorous locations doing glamorous things with their multi-coloured babies, Jen’s career took a post-Friends nosedive and she dated a series of dropkicks and love-rats. The media have become obsessed with her single status, with headlines ranging from “Lonely Jen can’t find love” to “Jen’s biological clock is ticking, she’s never going to have babies, and she’ll die single and alone,” which, let’s be honest, is the headline we all fear.

And it just doesn’t seem fair. Jen is hot and rumor is, she’s nice too. Oprah Winfrey calls her one of the most charitable celebs ever, but Angelina cornered that market with her UN ambassador badge. The sad part is, so many of my girlfriends (and me too) have been Jennifer Aniston. And there doesn’t seem to be anything we can do about.

I don’t have a solution to this, but I ask you all out there....have you been Jen? And how did you deal with it?

5 comments:

  1. Have a plastic surgery or make yourself look better before you break up...including your career etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been Jen but I've been Brangelina. By myself.

    (PS That's an awesome Anonymous post - can you have just one plastic surgery? Guess so)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wats the male version to Aniston??

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mark Brangelina by yourself? Your hand doesn't count honey.

    @Wedge There is no male version. Unless you count Tom Cruise, who got pretty weird after he left Nic.

    ReplyDelete